“I forgot!”

Playing breathin by Ariana Grande in my background.

“Just keep breathin’ and breathin’ and breathin’ and breathin’
And oh, I gotta keep, keep on breathin’
Just keep breathin’ and breathin’ and breathin’ and breathin’
And oh, I gotta keep, keep on breathin’ ”

I guess this is my advice on how to survive the remaining week of the semester. I know we just come back from the mid term break but study is for the weak right?
I guess I procrastinate too much.
Now, the reality hit me and it hits me hard.
Therefore, I decide on writing the blog because I am not doing anything else and it makes me feel productive.
I hate spring because I have allergies and it make me sneeze every morning VERY BADLY and I have to take medicine which make me sleepy.
In a nutshell, my next few weeks will be really really hard for me.

Nevertheless, I want to introduce in depth about the project in CHEMMAT 232. The project consists of a report and a presentation which will contribute 20% to the course total marks. During the first few weeks, Prof. Brent Young ( the lecturer from the video) will teach about the basics of processing and the operating procedure on how to start a project. You will learn about the Block Flow Diagram and how to manage risks. Next few weeks you will be fed with a lot of mechanics questions for material and you need this for the calculation section of the project.

There will be a lot of research that need to be done as the project is a case study based project. You will be divided into groups of 4 or 5 and you get to study in depth certain process that is available in industry. My group (luckily) landed the topic of edible fats and oils. I guess it is pretty much easy in New Zealand because we are one of the biggest exporter of dairy related product.

The best part of this project is you will start to make new friends from your course as you will be spending the next 10 weeks with them trying to figure the projects out.
KEY NOTE!
Make sure you know your group mates as soon as possible and make any kind of communication medium between the group mates because although there are only 4 or 5 of you, but getting everyone to meet outside lecture hours is VERY VERY hard.

Finally, let me tell you the biggest secret about CHEMMAT, it is NOT always about CHEMISTRY.

(Image courtesy of Google)