Last Day of Half Sem Blog -BME Edition-

Welcome back to my blog(ą¹‘>ā—”<ą¹‘) First of all, I would like to take a moment to congratulate everyone. Great job for making it this far and you all deserve an enjoyable mid sem break!

Today, Iā€™m taking you along for a day in my life. Youā€™ll get to see what the last day of half sem looked like for me. So, letā€™s get started!

7:00AM

Rise and shine! I woke up at 7 AM, brushed my teeth, and completed my usual morning routine. This day, I was lucky to have the lightest timetable everā€”just one tutorial and one lab. I took a moment to stretch and mentally prepare for the day ahead.

7:30-9:30AM

With a lab report due at noon, I spent two hours diligently working on it. Thereā€™s nothing like a deadline to get the adrenaline pumping. I managed to complete it just in time.

9:30-10:00AM

Then I went downstairs to say hi to my cat Gogi. šŸ± After some quality cat time, I had breakfast. Gogi was not impressed with my breakfast choice, but I thoroughly enjoyed my bowl of granola and yogurt.

10:00-10:30AM

Usually, I take the train to uni, which takes about an hour and a half. But my parents often drive me to the city on late start days like this. Iā€™m grateful for that.

10:30AM

I was feeling quite tired already so I had to stop by a cafe for my daily matcha boost. (I canā€™t have coffeeā€”long story.) Matcha to the rescue! šŸµ

11:00AM-12:00PM

ENGGEN 204 tutorial time! We had a group video assignment due this day. During the tutorial, we got feedback from other groups and the tutor. We discussed ways to improve our video and made a plan to incorporate the feedback.

12:00-2:00PM

After the tutorial, we continued working on the video assignment in the engineering building. Our task was to create a video explaining ā€œconservation of momentumā€ to law students. Based on the feedback, we worked hard to improve the video. Shoutout to my amazing team for their incredible work!

While we were working, I got so hungry that I had to grab a pie from PieBot. If you donā€™t know what that is, itā€™s a hot pie vending machine inside the engineering building. I think itā€™s really cool. You should definitely check it out.

2:00-4:00PM

Next up, I had a biolab for BIOMENG 261. I love pipettingā€”itā€™s just fun! For this lab, we had to determine the Michaelis-Menten parameters of the beta-galactosidase enzyme and see how caffeine affects them. My teammates and I carefully measured and analysed our samples.

4:00-5:00PM

Then, I went to the library to complete a Canvas test for ENGGEN 204. Fingers crossed I did well. Afterwards, I was pretty exhausted, so I had to wash my face in the bathroom to wake myself up.

5:30-6:30PM

It was finally time for dinner. I went to have Korean food for dinner with my group of friends. It was a delightful anabolic meal. Me and my friends shared stories about our days over the meal.

7:00-10:30PM

After dinner, we headed to SkyTower to watch the engineering review. I went to support my fellow BESA (Biomedical Engineering and Engineering Science Studentsā€™ Association) execs who were part of the show. Before the show, I had no idea what to expect since this was my first-ever engineering review. It turned out to be absolutely fantastic (too goodšŸ˜©) and exceeded all my expectations. The show was about Phineas and Ferb, and the details were sooo hilarious. I highly highly recommend checking out future engineering reviewsā€”they are a must-see! Anyway, after the show, I took photos with my friends. Eng revue was definitely the highlight of the day.

11:00PM-12:00AM

Back to work! I did a peer review assignment for BIOMENG 261. For this course weā€™re currently working on a group project to create PPG and ECG machines. Iā€™ll talk more about it in my next blog so stay tuned.

12:00AM

Finally, it was time to unwind. I took a nice hot shower and went to bed. What a day. I reflected on how productive and enjoyable the day had been, feeling grateful for all the new things I learnt this semester.

How was your last day before the break? Hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my last day of the half-semester. See you in my next blogšŸŒŸ

-Jena<3